Friday, August 1, 2014

DIY Dresser Remix

Sooooooo, I know I said we weren't using a dresser this time in the nursey buttttttttt, I changed my mind and found a great deal on Craigslist. I was able to get this for $30!
No, it wasn't pretty but I knew I could work with it. I initially wanted it all white with pink knobs on the bottom two drawers and some cute decorative ones at the top. Well, the white didn't work out as well as I wanted it to because the green areas were just too dark to cover and I didn't want to prime it first. Hey, I'm almost 9 months pregnant, the less work, the better! Plus the light color made the slight imperfections more noticeable which I did not like.

So I had to go to plan B and went to Lowes to pick up just a sample container of Valspar paint (love Valspar paint!) in Emerald Isle. I still used the white for the sides and the trim and the green just on the drawers. 

Now y'all know how I feel about pairing pink and green together (OO-OOP Soror's lol). But I sprayed painted the knobs before painting it because I thought the drawers would be white. Well as I said above, that didn't work out as planned but I still liked the pink knobs and it was one less thing I had to buy so I kept them. But for the two at the top I went to Hobby Lobby and got something a little nicer. Although the green was not in my original plan, I actually really like how it came out.


I want to add a lamp on top of the dresser also and maybe a vase of flowers but I will figure that out later. The knobs I found at Hobby Lobby were actually perfect, they are little owls that match her bedding. 


The picture on top of the dresser is something Amaya drew a few weeks ago. She said it was a picture of Khloe when she gets 4 years old...lol!

The frame was actually an ugly oak color that I got from Kmart on clearance for $2. Well I had points with their Shop Your Way Rewards program so it was FREE and when I got home I just spray painted it pink :). 

In total I got the dresser for $30, two sample containers of Valspar paint (white and green) $6 total, owl knobs $2.50 each and $2 for the frame (which didn't technically come out of my wallet). So this project was completed for just over $40 total and I love it! The dresser is the perfect size for the room and adds another pop of color to the space. 

Have you done any DIY projects lately? Let me know below!

No comments:

Post a Comment